The Central Catholic library is located on the second floor, and is used throughout the school day by classes and students for research and technology purposes.
The library features:
- More than 10,000 reference, fiction, and non-fiction circulating books
- An automated library catalog
- Daily newspapers
- A periodical collection and archives
- Video/DVD and CD collections
- Database access
- A/V equipment and support
- Professional education print resources
- Laptops and iPads available for check out
The Kranz Space Room is located in the library and is home to the Ambassador of Exploration Award. The award was given to Gene Kranz, Central Catholic class of 1951, for service to NASA. This award includes a lunar sample brought to earth from the moon by the crew of the Apollo 17. The public is welcome to stop by Central Catholic and visit the Space Room during school hours.
The Kress Family Library was dedicated in 1996 after a generous donation from the Kress family enabled Central Catholic to upgrade the facility. Tom and Lou Ann Kress are active benefactors. Tom is on the Central Catholic Foundation Fund Committee, and is a past president of the board of directors. Lou Ann is a past president of the Central Catholic Mother’s Club and a founder and president of the Central Catholic Mothers United. All nine of their children attended Central Catholic.